Friday 9 October 2015

The autumn railroad

Google+ reminded me that a year ago I had a great time on the forest railroad. It was nice day. I took several good photos of the trains on the background of the golden autumn forest.

There is an old industrial railroad in the neighborhood of Voskresensk (Moscow region, Russia). It connects a mining processing plant to an open mine and passes through a thick forest.

The autumn is the most colorful season. This is especially noticeable in the forest. Therefore, in October of last year I decided to visit that railroad.

I left home early in the morning. When I had arrived to the place, I left the car near the railroad crossing and went into the forest by the railway track.

Before I found a comfortable place to take pictures, I had passed three or four kilometers. The main problem is that trees and bushes grow too close to the railway track. It prevents to take good pictures of trains. However in the fall it does that railroad especially attractive.




Sooner or later I had found a comfortable place to take photos and sat down to wait for the train.

It is difficult to predict traffic on this road. Sometimes trains roll rather often, but sometimes you can wait for the train a half of a day. That day I had stood on the railway line about two hours before I took a picture of the first train. It was the TEM2 class diesel engine that hauled the empty dumpcars to the open mine.


 The next train came from the quarry. It was headed by the TEM2U class.


The weather was overcast, but it did not hamper to take good photos. Therefore, despite the fact that I already was in the forest for more than four hours, I decided to wait for the next train. But I was tired and frozen.


It was the last rail picture that I took in that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment